Thursday, March 28, 2013

30 Minutes of Madness

Most days I have the ability to dedicate an hour or more to the gym. But on those days when life happens, and my schedule doesn't go as planned, I have to improvise. I recently wrote out a huge long list of CrossFit style 30 min workouts. These usually require no weights (or only one set of dumbbells), a max of 5 different exercises, and I can do it in my backyard or living room. I'm sure you are thinking, 30 min cannot be that hard, but don't let them fool you! These workouts have KICKED MY ASS to where I am more sore than after the gym! Right now, I am typing this blog post with burning calf muscles all thanks to my cute 30 Minutes of Madness I did yesterday, at 4:30am, before I ran CampGladiator! 

You MUST adopt the mindset of NO EXCUSES and commit to getting in your workout every day! Do not let a hiccup in your schedule RUIN the appointment you made with yourself for that workout.


So, ready to get your butt kicked? Craving burning calves like mine? Oh, and did I mention some sore shoulders and triceps as well? Then put on your tennies and grab your water, because your next 30 minutes is going to be tough! You will need a 18-24" step, rock, bench, etc. for this workout. Don't have something to use at home? Jog to the park down the road (we all have one. Remember, no excuses!) after you memorize the following and DO IT THERE!

4 Exercises:
Box Jump
Tricep Dips
Single Leg Step Ups (do all reps for each leg)
Johnny C's (start in plank position, push up to push up position, (that is 1 rep) and repeat)

Repetitions:
Reverse Pyramid 
Do all exercises for listed number of reps before moving on the the next round of less reps.
20, 15, 10, 5, 10, 15, 20

REST AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE. Catch your breath for a few short seconds before jumping right back in. Try not to rest in the middle of an exercise, wait until you switch exercises or rounds.

I swear, it looks doable, but you will be questioning yourself in the middle. Don't let your brain psych you out! You CAN complete this! You WILL complete this!

Don't open yourself up to bad excuses!
Now GET TO IT! 

-Whit 

No comments:

Post a Comment